This Pre-Collegiate Summer Institute for motivated high-school students aims to:
First, optimize the way students learn, study, and process information
- Gain practical skills by training with experts on cutting edge research techniques
- Training is based on a set of studies at UCSF, UC Berkeley, and Stanford that had impressive results in improving the cognitive performance of university students
Second, learn the science behind cognitive training
- Scientists will teach you research fundamentals, experimental design, and how to read and digest scientific publications
- Experience lab tours and research method demos (fMRI, EEG, Virtual Reality)
- Opportunity to take a comprehensive neurocognitive assessment (typically only available in a hospital or research lab).
The program features scientists, instructors, and authors with leading expertise in topics such as accelerated learning, focus training, productivity tools, memory hacks, sleep optimization, and test-taking strategies.